A mix of this genre and that, but all great watches for your next movie night –
- Seven (Fincher, 1996) – cat and mouse chase to find and stop a sadistic serial killer from completing his spree. Captivating thriller, with a completely jaw dropping ending…
- Do the Right Thing (Lee, 1989) – you just need to watch this, it is as relevant today as it was when it came out.
- Bend it Like Beckham (Chadha, 2002) – a classic (for me anyways!), the easiest to watch semi-sports, rom-com type film of all time.
- A Bronx Tale (De Niro, 1993) – a blend of crime drama, a meet-cute, Romeo and Juliet type relationship, and a teen trying to navigate the conflicts of family and loyalty.
- War Horse (Spielberg, 2011) – you will probably cry at this film, it’s a beautiful but wrenching WW1 film that I think is quite underrated.
- Honey (Woodruff, 2003) – a really fun, entertaining dance film, its so 2000s it hurts – but in a good way!
- The Kings of Summer (Vogt-Roberts, 2013) – this film feels really nostalgic, even though I never ran away to live in the woods… it captures the funny, awkward teen feelings perfectly.
- Captain Fantastic (Ross, 2016) – this is such an amazingly interesting film, about a father desperately trying to bring up his family in a world that tries to force conformity on them. It prompts reflective thought, but maintains a sweetly comforting tone throughout.
(Currently on Amazon Prime as of Feb 2021)
Random Compass is an affiliate for Amazon Prime which means if you Sign up for a free Amazon Prime 30-day trial , using this link attached, not only do you get to watch all the movies above, you will also be supporting us as well!