Book sales went through the roof in 2020 (due to obvious reasons), and as someone who loves to read but never felt like I had a decent chunk of time to dedicate to reading, lockdown meant I was able to spend hours reading through loads of books on my list – these are some of the best books I read last year, and I would definitely recommend them to get you out of a reading slump, or if you were looking for your next read!
(they are not in any order 🙂 )
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Tennessee Williams.
- A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams.
- The Outsiders, S.E. Hinton.
- One of Us Is Lying, Karen M. McManus.
- Death of a Salesman, Arthur Miller.
- The Kennedy Curse, James Patterson and Cynthia Fagen.
- Call Me by Your Name, André Aciman.
If you have a Goodreads account, link it in the comments! I love getting book recommendations so leave those in the comments too 🙂
(Honourable mentions to The Heroes of Olympus series and Throne of Glass series – these have been amazing books that I have been working through and would recommend, but I thought for the list, standalone novels would be better!)